Monday 28 November 2011

Week Seven


 This week was all about texture. My first sketch is of an apple and orange. I chose to drew them one behind the other to give it a good composition. I gave the orange a darker skin tone than the apple, and shaded it in a different pencil movement to create contrast. On the orange I also added dimples to show the texture. On the apple I added in darker patches to show the impurities of the object. I made the apple look more smoother than the orange as it would be in reality. This drawing took 27 minutes and I used a 3B pencil.


This sketch is of a wicker basket with a metal can on top. I used harder straighter lines to create the can combined with straight solid cross hatching for the reflections to give a more metallic feel than the basket. On the basket I used a mixture of hard and soft lines, the harder lines were to represent the thicker bits of wicker. I also used cross hatching to show the very small and thin wicker material that makes up the basket. I feel that this picture shows good composition and is interesting to look at. This sketch took 33 minutes and was drawn with a 2B pencil.


This sketch is of a hand holding a bar of wood. I showed the texture on the wood by adding in the little details of the grains and using harder lines and deeper shading in contrast to the skin on the hand where I used very soft shading to represent the delicate nature of skin and also added in a few skin fold lines to add to the texture. I feel that I could have added more to the hand to contrast it even more with the wood. This sketch took 26 minutes and was drawn with a 2B pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment