Tuesday 29 November 2011

Week Nine

This was our first life drawing lesson. We looked at movement in the anatomy and basic human form. We started off by doing quick one minute sketches:


These are my first life drawing sketches. The top left and bottom right do not have the correct proportions or shapes and did not go according to plan. The top right has good movement flowing through the head and arch of the back, but the rest of the sketch is rushed. The bottom left is the most successful as you can clearly see what position the model was stood in, even how far her head was tilt back and captures good movement.



These are my skeletal drawings. I used rough lines to mark where the bones were (the arms, legs and spine) and then used the lines to help me to get a more accurate body form. I feel as though the skeletal drawings improved my positioning of lines and helped me to get good movement throughout each sketch.


This is my final drawing of the session. I tried to get my lines to flow more instead of having 'scratchy' little lines. I measured the proportions of the body and did my best to put them onto paper. I feel that this drawing went well as it has a nice composition. If I had more time I would have liked to add some shading to make it more 3 dimensional. I had a lot of difficulty with getting the stretched out leg correct. I had to keep redoing the length of it, and although it is not perfect I think that it works still. I really like the flow of the cloth and the face and hair. This picture took me 15 minutes and I used a 2B pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment